- Build analytics applications on various technology platforms including big data technology platforms.
- Own and complete work streams from business use cases
- Be able to compile results from various work streams and be able to make coherent presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Applying best practices to manage solution implementations including code design and reviews
- Continuously innovate and determine new approaches & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field with solid exposure to Machine Learning and Deep Learning with at least 5 years of experience and exposure to big data analytics.
- Problem solver with curious mindset having relevant data science work experience in planning and optimization problems.
- Experience in building and managing analytics products, high performer and problem solver.
- Strong understanding of the energy resources domain. Desired domain expertise in mining.
- Strong coding skills in Python, and ideally in other languages like R, SQL, Hive Sql, C++
- Hands-on experience with Python libraries - NumPy, Pandas, sklearn
- Hands-on knowledge of working with scalable platforms for processing large and/or complex multi-source data sets using Hive, Hadoop or Spark (PySpark) is a plus.
- Comfortable with working on Unix, Windows and both traditional database and nosql databases like MongoDB
- Demonstrated the use of data optimization (Linear/Non-linear) to solve constrained business problems
- Ability to communicate analytics-based insights to business stakeholders. Independent problem solver comfortable to work in an ambiguous solution space.