Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
As a Data Quality Engineer at Avanade, you will design, document, develop and perform data quality checks across the data platform to ensure that appropriate & high-quality data is delivered to support business decisions for Avanade Clients.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the team to understand the requirements & support to prepare the relevant data quality measures
- Perform data profiling/analysis, data checks in multiple dimensions across different components of the data platform, and correct any existing issues
- Prepare & communicate the data quality results to data owners/data stewards and other relevant stakeholders as per the process.
- Define/enhance & develop best data quality procedures & processes to support business functions
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and document problems/observations, and work with the project teams to identify the root causes and resolutions
- Develop data quality rules & strategies to ensure data correctness & completeness
- Build automated test framework and tools to automate the Data Platform services and applications
- Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large-scale data quality framework & project in the Data Quality Engineer role.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role as Data Quality Engineer and turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience in building complex data profiling & data quality rules and recommending best practices/improvements
- Familiar with database design and implementation
- Familiar with data management tools & techniques
- Familiar with Data Quality Tools such as Talend Data Quality (DQ), SQL programming and/or other data analysis/engineering technologies
- Knowledge of Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, Data Lineage & Data Governance tools and processes
- Experience in Strong team collaboration and working with remote teams.
Preferred Education Background:
- You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- You likely have about 3+ years of relevant professional experience.