Aon is currently recruiting a Data Engineer to join our Affinity Analytics team within Aon's Center for innovation & Analytics (ACIA) in Singapore.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
The Aon Affinity Data and Analytics team is seeking a Data Engineer. The data engineer with take on a variety of ETL and master data management projects. The data engineer’s initial focus will be to configure cloud-based ETL pipelines and map data from legacy systems to our MDM.
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering data and analytics across the Affinity US business
- Work closely with Business stakeholders to understand how they are using Salesforce, data analysts ,developers who are implementing data related APIs and configuring Salesforce
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data into downstream analytics tools and reporting solutions
- Implement automation wherever possible to streamline the process, minimizing the need for manual intervention
- Assist in database performance tuning and data lifecycle management
- Problem solve complex issues and work to create elegant, simplified solutions
- Maintain up-to-date technical and operational documentation
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation
- Strong working knowledge with a relational database system (e.g. SQL)
- Experience building data pipelines that ingests various types of data sources into a database or data lake and populating a structured warehouse or data mart
- Fluent in both complex SQL query performance tuning and database performance tuning
- Experience in Apache Spark/Databricks, Python/Pandas, R/Tidyverse and large file processing and analytics data pipelines.
- Knowledge of Naveego MDM is a bonus.
- Data cleaning, normalization and modeling
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, or similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of data security and privacy practices and regulations, including data access controls and de-identification and protection of sensitive data
- Proven ability to convey technical information successfully to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Quick and eager student of new technologies as and when they are needed
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.