Aon's Center for Innovation & Analytics (ACIA) is currently recruiting a Data Engineer to join our Health Analytics team in Singapore.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 150 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on healthcare data and innovation initiatives
- Collaborate with a team of experienced actuaries, data scientists, developers and business experts to deliver on Aon’s data, analytics and reporting capabilities
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of a scalable data pipeline architecture from ingestion to transformation to storage to consumption across various applications
- Focus on an efficient approach to design, allowing for agile and robust development to meet ever-changing business needs
- Contribute to the design of our data lake and the development of all data assets and downstream warehouses/marts
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data into downstream analytics tools and reporting solutions
- Implement automation wherever possible to streamline the process, minimizing the need for manual intervention
- Assist in database performance tuning and data lifecycle management
- Develop and integrate an automated data validation and quality control mechanism throughout the pipeline
- Problem solve complex issues and work to create elegant, simplified solutions
- Maintain up-to-date technical and operational documentation
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 2+ years in-depth experience in working with a relational database system (eg. MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation
- Experience building data pipelines that ingests various types of data sources into a database or data lake and populating a structured warehouse or data mart
- Fluent in both complex SQL query performance tuning and database performance tuning
- Experience in Apache Spark/Databricks, Python/Pandas, R/Tidyverse and large file processing and analytics data pipelines
- Knowledge of data security and privacy practices and regulations, including data access controls and de-identification and protection of sensitive data
- Proven ability to convey technical information successfully to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Quick and eager student of new technologies as and when they are needed
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
- Some experience in a programming language (eg.Python ,C#)
- Experience in BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) is an advantage
- Experience working with medical and prescription drug claims data is an advantage
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.