Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job
As a Senior Consultant, Data Engineering – Big Data, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Lead the application architecture for Big Data solutions with focus on Apache Spark, Hive and Hadoop eco-system
- Lead the architecture conversation with project stakeholders both within and outside the organisation
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Travel as required.
You’re got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies – and how to apply them in business
- Using Apache Spark, Hive and Hadoop eco-system. Exposure to real-time data integration is preferred.
- Understand how business intelligence tools work with Big Data systems
- Effort estimation in support of project delivery or pre-sales effort
- Experienced in implementing at least one ETL tool (Informatica/Abinitio/SSIS/ADF)
- Very strong in tuning/Writing SQL Queries both in big data platform and DBMS
- Experience in implementing projects in synapse is preferred
- Experienced in implementing reports with any of the following visualisation tools (Power BI, SSRS, Tablaeu)
- Experience in structured problem solving. You do not hesitate to roll up your sleeves to solve code related issues.
- Great project and people management
You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and have nine to twelve years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For sake of clarity, we are not looking for big data system administrators
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.