Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
As a Data Engineer, you will support the implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision
making. This role will also play a critical part in the data supply chain, by ensuring stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis. Additionally, you will support the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Day-to-day you will:
• Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen
• Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future
business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services
• Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and
configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
• Deliver of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using
Azure cloud data technologies.
• Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
• Design and Build Data Service APIs.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and
relational/nonrelational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
• Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure APIApps or any other modern visualization
platform or experience
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
Skill & Capability Requirements:
• 3-5 years overall experience and at least 2 years working as Data Engineer
• Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
• Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of
technical data flows.
• The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and
Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system
• Experienced in Data Transformation using ETL/ELT tools such as Talend, AWS Glue, Azure
Data Factory, EAI
• Exceptional skill and experience in SQL.
• Knowledge in business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App
Service is required. Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks,
Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
• Experienced in Cloud Data-related tool such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3
• Ability to leverage on variety of programming languages & data crawling/processing tools to
ensure data reliability, quality & efficiency
• Knowledge in data modelling and database management such as performance tuning of the
Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and
support the integration of those systems with other applications
• Knowledge of Python is a plus.
• Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
• Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
• Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns is plus.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
• Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
• Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
• Azure certifications (AZ-900, AZ-200 and 201)
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.