Data center Product Sales Specialist – Singapore Public Sector
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart- cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
What You'll Do
The Data Center Product Sales Specialist is a crucial role to the success of Cisco’s strategy in this market segment. You will be responsible for working on Cisco’s newest and most cutting-edge entries into the Data Center market segment. You is a valued member of the internal sales team as well as most importantly to our customers and channel and strategic partners. This position will play a critical role in enabling Cisco to bring new products to market in both core and adjacent markets. It is expected that the individual will work very closely with the Account and SE teams and sales & customer executives at an early stage to accomplish several objectives:
- Be on the forefront of understanding and being able to communicate Cisco’s strategy and vision in this new technology direction.
- Having the ability to build in depth business expertise in the underlying and associated technologies and architectures.
- Working in conjunction with Cisco Development Organization (CDO) and the field teams to determine gaps in go to market strategies.
- Build and define sales strategy for a given geographic or market segment.
- Provide product expertise with business value for customers including ROI/TCO analysis.
- Contribute to the development of content and messaging that emphasizes Cisco’s strengths in this market and resonate with both the field and customers.
- Ability to execute on a business plan to gain market share, build solid relationships with customers and internal constituents.
Who You'll Work With
The Singapore Datacenter business is a key growth area for Cisco with strong and consistent growth record. This role is ultimately responsible for the Go to Market strategy and growth for our Data Center products and solutions across Singapore Public Sector customers & partners. You will be required to work closely with the in-country solutions peers, internal account teams, DC Architecture Sales teams and our partners.
You will collaborate with the Singapore Sales public sector team to shape/drive top priorities and core initiatives focused on long-range growth and profitability within country.
Who You Are
Product Sales Specialists will be responsible for gaining market penetration with the associated solutions as well as establishing a breadth of reference accounts in a variety of verticals.
- Industry knowledge in particular in the SG public sector, market trends and direction awareness are important, as Cisco will continue to partner and form eco-systems to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customer base.
- In order to successfully gain footprint in the customer data center a solid understanding and continued development of competitive strategies will be required. An ongoing requirement will be working closely with Cisco’s competitive marketing and technical marketing teams to figure out how our competitor’s strategies impact our success as well as to pro-actively set traps for the competition.
- You are both a high level of business and sales competency and the ability to articulate the flow of information through a proposed system or solution as well as deliver C level messaging as to the business benefits of the proposed Cisco solution.
- The following are some key skill set expectations that are necessary:
- You have strong presentation skills, able to represent Cisco and our solutions with the highest level of professionalism.
- Should understand both Cisco as well as competitive offerings in the industry and be able to successfully position against the competition both pro-actively and re-actively.
- Should be able to influence resources cross functionally and able to work in a matrix management hierarchy.
- Should understand financial models and be able to both develop and comprehend complex ROI/TCO analysis.
- Should understand positioning of Opex and Capex and Data Center Operational models for computing, networking and storage as well as Applications.
- Concepts and implementation of Cisco’s Unified Computing System, Data Center technologies, Hybrid, Public & Private cloud trends & use cases, high level Security solutions for Data Center & use cases
- Should have an understanding of Cisco go to market strategy and how Cisco interfaces with its channel and eco system partners for success.
- Familiarity with SFDC and usage of SFDC & Business modeling tools would be critical
- Sales savvy individual with techno-capabilities would be an added advantage & ideal
Is a self-starter, highly motivated and ambitious individual who grows with achieving and exceeding expectations
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.