- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
We designed this unique traineeship program to hire IT early careers or professionals, providing you with classroom and on the job training to introduce you to all facets of our Datacenter (DC) operations. From this program, you get to be empowered, grow and scale in your technical expertise and learn from our experienced engineers.
You will be assigned as a trainee for 7 months where you will have exposure to learn and understand how our Data center works, interact with our support teams and customers. Experience the latest technologies of our cloud that puts you among top talents of data center technical support teams. By the end of the program, you will be assessed on your learnings to see if you have what it takes to join our growing team and be a full time Amazonian.
Key job responsibilities
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key exposures are:
• Perform installation and configurations on Data center Servers and Network systems
• Installation, troubleshooting and replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices
• Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
• Work within a ticket-based environment and work on systematic problem resolution
• Movement of equipment with assisted lifting machinery.
• Maintain high system reliability by prioritizing trouble tickets
• Collaborate with internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) sharing ideas and contribute in projects to improve DC work environment and overall efficiencies.
• Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Center rollout
About the team
The Data center IT Specialists are pivotal to ensuring the continuality and availability of one of the world’s fastest-growing cloud data centers around the world. As one of the cutting-edge data centers, we manage data for major MNCs and emerging companies alike. Imagine the scale and the impact that could affect millions of users. Given the digital age, we are growing our infra team and are looking for passionate engineers to join us.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Diploma Holders in Electrical & Electronics, Computer & Communications Engineering, Information & Digital Technologies. Alternatively, you have Technical education (e.g. ITE) with relevant working experience
• Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware
• Basic knowledge of Cloud computing technologies and IT system hardware and network concepts
• Good written & verbal communication and a team player
• Ability to lift & install equipment manually and with help of machinery; it may require working in narrow spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to safety guidelines
#Datacenter #Data center #Data centre #Datacentre
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience of server operation system level development, familiar with server hardware components and basic troubleshooting
- Experience of Networking setup and configuration.
- Experience in writing software programs