Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents. Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
Performs repairs, corrective maintenance, and complex installations. Acts as a mentor to others in resolving incidents.
- Performs site inspections and monitors the building and alarms
- Performs preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or manages vendors
- Assists more senior staff in repairs and corrective maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering for basic permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- You will assist senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as advised
- Completes basic work requests and assists with circuit installations
- Provides assistance to department during routine maintenance activities
- You contribute to ongoing infrastructure projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Electronic, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- At least 2 to 6 years in a data center facilities management and operations / planning capacity
- Experienced in critical facilities / data center Mechanical & Electrical systems design, especially in Electrical systems design (e.g. HT 22KV), implementation and operations.
- Have implemented large scale (min 5,000 sqft) critical facilities / data center build-up projects.
- Independent and able to manage numerous concurrent projects
- Good interpersonal communications, presentation skills and project management experience.
- Possess leadership traits and able to work under pressure
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.