What You'll Do
Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry’s most comprehensive advanced-threat protection portfolios of solutions across the broadest set of attack vectors. Cisco’s threat-centric and operationalised approach to security reduces complexity and fragmentation while providing superior visibility, consistent control, and advanced threat protection before, during, and after an attack.
In this role, you will be planning the technical direction for the APJC Channel Team, identifying expertise to grow the team as needed, and facilitating key partnerships between Internal, Channel and Ecosystem Partners, and our joint Clients. You will lead a team of Security Engineers across the APJC geography, while providing strategic plans for the Region, driving enablement of the Cybersecurity teams within the Channel community. Your team strives to be Business Technologists who are comfortable talking at a business level about our differentiating capabilities and how they help Partners to solve the customers' business drivers, and to win business effectively.
This is an ideal position for someone who has proven leadership skills as well as industry and technical expertise to advance their career in management. This role will lead a team made of innovators, creators, teachers, and ultimately technical excellence in the world of Cybersecurity across APJC.
Who You'll Work With
The team is comprised of Cybersecurity Engineers who are hardworking and fun individuals and high performing as a team, you will also engage actively with the Cybersecurity Partner Specialists to help sell the value of Security to our Channel.
You will peer with SE leaders in each Theatre and Country across APJC, helping to grow the Cybersecurity business together
Who You Are
We are looking for someone who is motivated, innovative, and with a real passion to make a difference. A technical background in Security is a must. We seek people leaders who know how to put the "People" back into Leadership!
- 10+ years related experience in the Cybersecurity technology industry and 3+ years management experience (or demonstrated leadership of technical teams).
- Cisco product experience and/or relevant experience with competitive offerings.
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- Understand and be conversant about company, its Cybersecurity solutions, and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Solid knowledge and experience of customer management practices.
- In-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes.
- Excellent communication skills to assist at the Customer Management Interface level, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage professionally diverse employees through mentoring, coaching and skill development.
- Ability to establish clear objectives and direction for team.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!