Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are adding to our Security Practise capabilities, and we are missing one thing – you! We know that you may not have experience in cyber security yet but if you have business transformation or re-design skills that are transferable then this role could be for you!
As a Cyber Transformation consultant, you will be based in the Security Risk Transformation team in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Canberra.
What you’ll do
- Assess an organisation’s cybersecurity business and technology operations and advise on transformation to solve complex business problems and achieve savings, assessing risk, improving cyber resilience and ensuring the right critical assets are being protected.
- Provide subject matter expertise on transformation and accurately capturing ‘as is’ and define the right ‘to be’ model for cyber security operations and programs
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to assist our clients across cyber security transformation, policy & strategy, cybersecurity and data compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Advise on business process re-design in security
- Define tactical and strategical objectives, plan engagement strategies and address advanced technology-related controls risks and issues
- Work with C suite to better understand their pain points and design operating models that help solve their business issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-4 years+ in industry and/or consulting roles relating to transformation, business process re-design, digital transformation, or target operating models
- Proven experience in defining strategic Cyber security transformation programs for uplifting the Cyber security state for large organisations and/or large digital/ technology transformations
- Understanding of Industry Standards/frameworks such as Australia ISM, COBIT, NIST, MITRE, is preferred
- Stakeholder management and leading cross-function skills
- Change management, Design Thinking or LEAN methodology experience is highly regarded
- Sound understanding of cognitive security, security by design, security automation and unified orchestration, IT/OT convergence and cyber security relevance in public/private cloud
- Experience and understanding of AI and ML in the context of evolving cyber security technology and DevOps methodology, CI/CD Practise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to think like a business executive, run workshops, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to think like a malicious hacker when advising and designing target operating models and assessing risk – so that you can advise the best defence
- Understand change management and technology environments
- Good collaboration skills understanding of Mural and/or Trello and/or agile ways of working is highly regarded (or similar)
- Experience working with Design Thinking or Service Design methodologies
- Ability to frame questions, assist in facilitate workshops with stakeholders, understand pain points and synthesise findings
- Ability to map business processes and identify optimisation opportunities to reduce waste
- Ability to contribute to the re-engineering and design future state to enhance business experience and leverage technologies.
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.