Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
For this position – Support Engineer, Product Software, your key responsibilities are to provide technical advocacy, interact directly with customers and customer supporting teams, maintain availability and reliability of products, participate in product releases, provide hyper care support after major releases, communicate with stakeholders during major incidents.
- Solve key problems that potentially may take with the production systems and create solutions to prevent incidents from occurring again.
- To ensure the accuracy and the stability of the software features/ updates before they get to release into the Production environment by involving in the UAT phase.
- Ability to understand the root cause of errors and exceptions and being able to isolate it to the line of code that may be causing the problem and performing service restoration within the SLO.
- Support and influence improvement in Equinix product application to enhance their availability.
- Drive P1 incident, communicate both the status and the RCA to the stakeholders.
- Documentation for known issue.
- BS in computer science or equivalent with 6+ years or MS in computer science or equivalent with 4+ years on professional software support experience.
- Strong expertise in algorithms, data structures and databases (SQL/NoSQL), along with deep working knowledge of multi-threading, design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Experienced in Incident Management process and ability to resolve level 1, level 2 issue within agreed organization SLO.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including MPLS, VPLS/VPWS, Ethernet, IP/VPN routing protocols and architectures, IP security/SSL, IP multicast, IPv6, and wired/wireless LAN infrastructures is a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge with Linux operating system (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Real-world experience with cloud technology such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
Successful candidate will
- Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
- Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
- Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.