Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Customer Project Manager (CPM) position is pivotal in the delivery of services to Equinix clients. The CPM is responsible for completing customer implementation projects through to completion with high customer satisfaction. The CPM drives collaboration with customer and internal cross functional teams to manage infrastructure implementations to meet requirements timely and efficiently. The CPM serves as the primary point of contact throughout the project and acts as the customer advocate, responsible for the overall satisfaction at the completion of every project.
The CPM will manage deployments /or complex and sometimes multi-regional customer deployments and will be expected to effectively engage internal stakeholders and be comfortable holding them accountable for completion of their tasks. The CPM will be expected to work generally independently on escalations and issue resolution for customers. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following specific duties:
- Managing new and existing customer installations, working cross-functionally to deliver defined services in the agreed upon timeframe and according to client expectations.
- Developing deployment schedules and plans and implementing according to those plans through to completion.
- Communicating timely, clear updates, risk assessment and issue resolutions to clients.
- Proactively identify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans to keep projects on schedule.
- Coordinating internal stakeholder teams, sometimes with multi-regional members, and holding them accountable for task completion.
- Resolving standard and non-standard customer requests and issues related to their deployments.
- Customer satisfaction on completion measured via surveys and other methodology.
- Conducting regularly scheduled customer meetings and internal stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstration of proper and prescribed use of Equinix systems, tools and processes (e.g. case management, ticketing system, etc.)
- Demonstration of a moderate level of technical knowledge of IBXs and customer requirements.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge on Equinix products and services.
• Minimum 2 years of successfully completing customer implementations with high customer satisfaction.
• Be able to articulate and write in English and Chinese. Knowledge of 3rd language will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high pressure, customer facing role.
• Experience in a technical industry; preferably telecommunications or Data centers.
Nice to have:
• Degree level qualification, preferably in a technical subject, or equivalent experience.
• Project management certifications preferred.