Position Purpose & Summary:
The Risk Management Group (“RMG”) is an independent function within Cargill with embedded risk analysts within the Enterprise Group. RMG is seeking a Credit Analyst for the Cargill Trade and Capital Markets (“TCM”) business.
TCM complements the efforts of Cargill by providing financial solutions to Cargill's business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM's experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through crossborder funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. In addition to structured trade finance and internal funding, TCM also leverages Cargill's international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
The purpose of this position is to provide risk and analysis for TCM. This position will require global knowledge/ understanding of the TCM business and interaction with risk management, traders, transaction management, IT, and accounting.
Learn and understand TSF global trading structures, products, markets, counterparties and underwriting assumptions.
Prepare weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly risk analysis reports for use by management.
Ensure global data integrity of information in the reports and that it is complete and consistent with the understanding of the business activity.
Develop, maintain and improve reporting systems and processes to enhance efficiency of the systems through automation of data gathering and reporting, allowing for reduced report preparation time, more time for value-added activities and analysis, and improved data integrity.
· 4-year college degree in accounting and finance or business
· 3 to 4 years of work experience
· Knowledge of credit analysis, investment and risk concepts
· Strong mathematical skills
· Strong computer skills, proficiency with Excel, familiarity with accounting and position keeping systems
· Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Have the ability to investigate problems, find solutions, and determine best approach to resolve issues. Ability to ask relevant, informed and intelligent questions about transactions, structures, relationships and risks.
· Strong desire to improve processes and find solutions
· Precise and detailed oriented with the ability to take initiative, work autonomously and handle multiple demands
· Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills including strong listening skills
· Risk, Trade Finance, Capital Markets or Treasury experience
· Proficiency with VBA programming, database navigation and queries