Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Do you have well-rounded experience as an Account Executive within the Telco or ICT industry? Are you looking to use your knowledge and relationship building skills to be well rewarded in a global technology leader?
We are looking for a dedicated and driven Account Executive to join our Sydney team. Ideally, you will be someone who has a passion for building strategic partnerships, building revenue, and maximising relationships.
Your role will be to bring on new customers, plus run and grow our existing customer base. You will build strong customer relationships, partner and engage with internal partners and teams. You will handle account planning and present solution based selling to your customers. You will lead contract renewals, pipeline management and prospecting. You have stellar negotiation skills and aptitude to partner with all levels of the business.
- You have the ability to cultivate, build and maintain relationships with key partners and accounts plus, equally important, the internal network of Equinix.
- You succeed at maintaining solid customer relationships and ensure timely resolution of customer issues
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) and lead Executive Briefings on occasion
- You are responsible for leading and driving coordinated sales approach with the extended sales team and external partners
- Research and document detailed understanding of customer business and organisational landscape on select accounts as needed
- You are adept at developing account plans focused on maintaining/growing accounts
- You will identify customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements and map to Equinix solutions
- Leads sales pitch delivery, engaging Equinix Sales Engineers or Solutions Architects where appropriate; adapts pitch to customer needs and persona
- Build and work with strategic alliances with external partners to drive solution development in new areas
- Facilitates customer contract renewals and negotiations to protect revenue
- Be across customers contractual obligations around notice periods, renew terms, and Equinix exposure
- Monitor and maintain status of opportunities in SFDC, following the principles of forecasting
- Identifies at risk accounts, expiring contracts and forecast churn
- Prioritizes list of accounts/prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
- Pursue high value strategically aligned prospects and partners. Working to fill the sales funnel with opportunities; pitching prospects and utilizing industry contacts and partners
- Lead commercial offer and contract negotiations, utilising your internal team as needed to obtain the best commercial terms possible
- Understand commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure
- This is an opportunity, as critical member of our team, for you to leave your mark in an organisation that is growing quickly and still runs with a pioneer spirit. Not forgetting of course, a competitive salary and exceptional secondary benefits for you to enjoy.
- Over 4 years experience in a similar role within the industry of IT, telecommunications or ICT
- Proven track record in Solution Sales / value based selling
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, customer facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English are essential
- Positive attitude and hunter mentality
Are you interested? We are interested in learning more about you.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organisational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.