You’ll provide counsel, acting as a legal advisor and a business partner, having solid understanding of contract law including liabilities and indemnities. The role will include significant hands-on support, including project pursuits, pre-qualification, bidding, contract negotiations, project delivery support, confidentiality agreements, corporate compliance, risk management, and internal training and education.
- Become a trusted advisor to the APAC B&I region responsible to the business for legal advice.
- Reviews contracts and actively supports contract negotiations with the objective to minimize Jacob’s risk exposure, in line with Jacob’s policies as well as risk and contract review procedures.
- Assists in identifying and implementing the best strategy to achieve commercially astute resolutions to issues, in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Understands Jacobs approach and identify risks. Filters this information and, when relevant, seeks input from Senior Counsel and others to ensure any concerns are addressed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The successful candidate will be supporting Australia and South East Asia and will also need to be able to demonstrate an ability to identify risk, good commercial awareness and a clear and effective communication style.
- With an LLB Degree and admitted to the Bar (local or otherwise) with relevant experience
- Commercially minded with experience in Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Infrastructure, someone who has gained working in-house with a large international organization, ia definite advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.