The rise of new and exponential technologies – including machine learning, natural language processing, predictive analytics and blockchain is combining with big data and digital initiatives to drive a big shift in business architectures.
IBM calls the outcome of this transformation the Cognitive Enterprise.
The IBM Services team is driving the Cognitive Enterprise with our clients via a team of skilled consultants, technologies and intellectual property assets to support our clients as they face the challenges of ever-changing customer expectations, shifting supply chains and disruptive technologies.
We have identified a need for an experienced consultant to lead our growing team to meet the needs of our clients as they move towards the vision of becoming a Cognitive Enterprise.
We are looking for driven and experienced new colleagues to embrace this opportunity together with us.
As a leader you will be responsible for:
- understanding client needs and defining and proposing our services;
- you will maintain a strong understanding of our cognitive offerings;
- you will manage a team and grow their skills
- you will ‘lead from the front’ and deliver consulting personally.
- You’ll take responsibility for providing subject matter expertise around advanced and large-scale data analysis.
- This will comprise identification and assessment of use cases that take advantage of cognitive technologies, including a variety of data science techniques, applied to areas as wide ranging as insurance claim processing, cognitive customer service, cognitive knowledge management, regulatory compliance and prescriptive analytics.
- You will also likely be engaged in data quality and/or data governance projects/programs where the focus on will be on realizing the value of data and managing the data as an asset.
- You will likely have at least a Bachelors degree (preferably Master degree) in a relevant quantitative field such as statistics, operations research or computer science.
In addition, you’ll have significant industry experience as consultant, and you’ll be used to working with senior stakeholders within our clients to elicit, understand and deliver against their business needs.
In this job you will need to have significant knowledge of relevant artificial intelligence and advanced analytics methods such as machine learning, data mining, natural language processing and/or decision optimisation as well as experience of data analysis and different aspects of data quality management.
You’ll also have a good understanding of business challenges in the industries you’ve worked in and be able to explain analytical insights to a non-technical audience.
Your key skills will include:
- Significant experience in consulting, including and especially with line-of-business stakeholders to discuss scalable solutions to significant business problems
- Ability to define and present cognitive computing / analytics / big data solutions, including documenting level of effort and risks as input to commercial proposals.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen, including demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to business stakeholders in a compelling way
- People management skills – including ensuring that our consultants are highly engaged and continue to have market leading expertise in cognitive computing and related technologies
- Strong technical expertise for example in areas such as predictive analytics, decision optimisation, machine learning / data mining.
- Experience and Knowledge of specific AI or analytics technologies or platforms will be a plus; this could include Salesforce Einstein, Apache Spark, Tensorflow, IBM Watson or similar.
- Experience in cognitive computing and advanced analytics use cases in one or more specific industries, such as utilities, telecommunications, government, banking or insurance.