At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Job role description: Associate Full-Stack Application Developer
You see the big picture, able to imagine successful technology-driven solutions from start to finish. As an Associate Full-Stack Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, co-creating solutions to major real-world challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Full Stack Developer:
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Use IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Work with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery) and microservices framework.
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products.
- Design and develop a new modern application or sustaining a legacy application.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Support Code Review process / tools, troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automatization
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product.
- Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend
- Have knowledge of modern frameworks such as Angular or React.js
- Familiar with Java/JEE best practices around design patterns, performance tuning, automated tests and unit tests
- Exposure in writing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture and Spring Boot framework
- Exposure to deploying applications with container technology like Docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes or RedHat OpenShift is highly desired
- Familiar with twelve-factor cloud design principles
- Experience in following a structure methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
- Have exposure to Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Could or IBM Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related fields