Interested applicants, please apply at https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/Business-Development-Specialist-Strategic-Engagements-ASEAN/1301407?source=Half+the+Sky
What You'll Do
The Digital Transformation Office (DTO) Business Development Specialist is a key customer facing business development role. The expectation is that you will support the DTO business development managers (BDMs) throughout the business development process from identifying and structuring the engagement, supporting the engagement management, designing the potential solution and commercial model, proving the value by creating business cases, building the proposal and finally documenting the case study.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of solving business problems and technology enabled execution. It offers the rare chance to see the impact of your ideas in live customer settings while learning consultative sales skills and enjoying large responsibilities early in your career.
- Supporting the BDMs in architecting and leading strategic engagements
- Providing research and analytical support (technology and industry trends, country and company level analysis etc.) in advance of internal and external meetings
- Leading engagement workstreams and activities, working with internal (and partner, as required) teams and stakeholders to produce output and deliverables
- Developing the “value framework” (i.e., key business, financial, technology drivers and benefits) for strategic engagements and solutions to deliver compelling business outcomes
- Preparing internal and external assets such as briefing documents, customer presentations, business cases and proposals
- Engaging customers in meetings and give presentations to key stakeholders
- Helping run customer workshops (conduct interviews prior to workshop, document customer journeys, create workshop content, document next steps and post workshop material)
- Liaising with external partners and identifying potential new partners
- Building commercial models and business cases by leveraging industry / benchmarking data, Cisco proprietary data and other sources and applying them to customer goals, metrics and ROI guidelines
- Providing input and content to thought leadership material, supporting communication and publication plans
- Documenting case studies post successful engagements
- Being the advocate for Knowledge Management (KM), championing KM processes, procedures and disciplines
Who You'll Work With
The Digital Transformation Office is focused on helping solve our customers' most pressing challenges and opportunities by unleashing the power of technology, Cisco, and our partners. We're committed to a customer-in approach focused on delivering outcomes that make a difference; intent on providing value, modelling the collaboration necessary to ensure success, and working together across geographic and organizational boundaries to define transformation plans, architect digital platforms and enable capabilities. As champions of our customers' voice, this team will ensure that we develop a crisp and compelling point of view when it comes to understanding and accelerating the transformation priorities.
The team is a cross-functional consultative business development team. It brings together business development professionals, solution architects, consultants across the various ASEAN countries into one team to architect and execute strategic engagements. Covering a broad range of domains, from large multi-architecture deals to technology platform partnerships and joint innovation programs, the engagements are transformative in nature and unlock new value streams for customers and Cisco.
ASEAN Sales is a world class sales team with intense focus on finding and solving our customer’s most critical problems and partner with them to capture market opportunities. We pride ourselves in our ability to sell business outcome and solutions, not just products. Our competitive intensity is second to none. We constantly seek to disrupt ourselves to stay ahead of the game. We take bold actions and being all in to deliver our commitments to our customers and partners. We empowered our team to go beyond and deliver great value to differentiate ourselves.
Who You Are
- Strong problem solver with ability and passion to learn about new technologies; design thinking experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Team player who can work across functions & geographies and rapidly embrace new teams
- A persuasive individual with required presence to engage with customer stakeholders
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and learning agility
- Practitioner with knowledge of approaches, tools and data sources coupled with the attention to detail and business judgement required to develop financial models
- Have 2 - 7 years ICT architecture or management consulting experience from top tier firm (preferred), or other digital technology-related professional services experience
- Experience in leading or supporting large and/or complex deals (multi-architecture ICT, financial or consumption models, professional or managed services) and / or business development engagements is an advantage
- Have a BA/BS degree (preferred)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!