At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
- To lead the delivery of energy market modelling (Plexos), pricing, analysis and interpretation. By leading detailed modelling and pricing tasks for ANZ clients, this role will provide the capability and capacity necessary to support expansion of the Energy Advisory offering in ANZ and expansion into new geographical markets. This role will require thought leadership and winning of work with new clients in the Asia Pacific Region. Further, the role requires oversight of recruitment, training, and mentoring of a future team of energy market modellers and analysts in Manilla to support Jacobs growth strategy
- Develop and foster successful internal and external client relationships by delighting the client and their users with both the experience and solutions developed.
- Actively manage project resources and deliverables in line with internal and external expectations.
- Develop financial sustainability for the team through winning and delivering work.
- Identify, research and utilise leading edge technologies, methods, mindsets and tools on projects.
- Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations.
- Recognizes cues that suggest a change in approach or behaviour is needed.
- Adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities.
- Monitors how well approach is working to see if change is needed.
- Communicates the status and completion of assignments.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Takes responsibility for successes and failures in own work.
- Follows through on commitments
- Listens attentively to others' insights, advice, and instruction.
- Clear, concise, engaging and professional in communication.
- Shares information and updates with others as needed.
- Is clear, creative and thorough in reports, presentations, documentation, and other verbal and written information.
- Learns about the key drivers of the organisation's business in ANZ.
- Shows interest in industry developments and trends.
- Understands how changes in the marketplace affect the business
- Behaves with sensitivity toward differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating.
- Challenges stereotyping or offensive comments.
- Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others.
- Works effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds, and/or styles.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Significant energy market modelling (Plexos), analysis and pricing experience
- Awareness of energy market environment and context in Australia and other jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic and innovation mindset
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.