As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities :For two years in a row, IBM has been named a leader in the IDC MarketScape on Cloud Professional Services. Businesses across the U.S. recently ranked IBM as the number one cloud computing provider. Clients around the world are using IBM cloud centers spread across every major market to help them adopt cloud for growth and innovation.
IBM's value to clients includes IBM's business consulting division, which brings expertise in aligning technology strategies with business strategies to enable innovation, acceleration, and value realization through client solutions and services..
We are seeking individuals with a passion for transforming clients into a better future and that possess a blend of general business and technology strategy skills. In this role, the Advisory Consultant will design, develop and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, products and applications for our clients. Projects you could be working on relate to Cloud management services, cloud strategy and operating model development, cloud native application development and testing,. This individual may also work as the initial contact in a cross IBM brand opportunity, so they will need to build and manage relationships and have the ability to represent IBM's broad technology strategy capabilities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Focus on application secure engineering capabilities, tools and processes
- Provide application consulting to the squad and development teams on topics such as Cloud Platforms, DevSecOps, Agile, Design Thinking, Multi-Cloud Management and Strategy, Cloud Operating Models etc
- Contribute to the day-to-day development, implementation, monitoring and operational support of managed solutions and service provider relationships
- Engage in projects that evaluate existing cloud services and propose modifications and additional services and capabilities to meet any gaps identified
- Resolve or escalate issues impacting cloud services and service adoption
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and develop plans to address
- Assist in the creation of metrics for measuring service success and business value
- Assisting the development of Strategy and Solutions for Business Transformation through Cloud, DevOps, and Lean Startup practices
- Envisioning of future cloud trends, cloud technology solutions, and impact on business value realization
- Anticipating client business and technology needs and objectives
- Building relationships with business leaders internally as well as externally
- Leading external engagement of team through conferences and seminars
- This position may require significant travel within the AP geography.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- 2+ years of cloud native development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud, Internet and web technologies including API, Microservices and Containerisation.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and delivering technology transformation, Cloud projects
- At least 2 years of experience in successfully leading consultative-based selling of technology transformation or Cloud projects
- At least 2 years of experience building relationships with senior leaders (CxO)
- At least 2 years of experience in a minimum of 2 major industry segments
- 2+ years Linux/UNIX experience
- 2+ years development or scripting experience
- At least 2 years experience with cloud computing technologies, such as software, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, containers and serverless
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Familiar with NoSQL and relational databases
- Familiar with SCM tools (git), CI/CD tools (Travis, Jenkins, etc.), CM tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.), testing tools and similar
- Has experience working on Agile teams
- Has experience with RH Openshift, Ansibel and JBoss.
- Has experience and certification in a major cloud platform – AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud.
- At least a years experience in one or more of the following domains: Web or Custom Application Development, Mobile Development, Software Engineering.
- At least a years experience in Management Consulting and Systems Integration and/or Managed Cloud Services
- Has experience working in different major geographic areas
- Fluent in another language in addition to English.