Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Position: (Senior) Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Project Management
- Assist with selection and short-listing of candidate sites for new developments.
- Undertake, with the assistance of outside consultancies as required, feasibility studies to support the due diligence process, liaising with government agencies and supply authorities.
- Establish scope of project and develop initial capital estimates and schedules.
- Establish project team by short-listing suitably experienced project team.
- Arrange appointment of contractors, liaising with internal stakeholders for approvals and terms of engagement.
- With Design Manager, initiate and manage the design process, driving consultant team to ensure timely design development to meet schedule.
- With Design Manager, resolve design issues and ensure timely resolution of internal information requests and design decisions.
- Manage project scope and design development within the approved capital funding for the project. Track changes and obtain approvals for deviation from approved scope.
- Manage communication of project progress with internal stakeholders, coordinate dissemination of design information and produce regular reporting as required. Chair project meetings.
- With project team, identify best procurement approach for the project.
- Oversee tender process for all trades and equipment and ensure proper standards of probity.
- Represent Equinix at tender interviews, assist in the development of tender recommendations.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to generate required approvals to order equipment and engage contractors.
- Lead project team to ensure delivery of project to the required quality within the approved budget and to schedule.
- Manage project scope and change processes during project delivery. Liaise with project team and internal stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues.
- Track project progress and report cost, schedule and scope issues.
- Manage handover of completed project to Operations.
- Track and monitor resolution of defects, close out project activities and complete closing reports.
- Support the broader departmental objectives to ensure the continued development of additional data centre capacity throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- Assist in the development and continued improvement of programme processes and design standards.
- Provide support to other projects within the region and travel within region as required.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or construction discipline, or with equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years experience in large construction projects with a significant building services component.
- Exposure to and understanding of building services design for mission critical environments.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to work with and influence all levels in the organisation
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Korean.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines.