Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, ports aren’t just structures but are ways we connect people and goods. We are seeking a Construction Manager with ports and maritime background for our Philippines operations who are playing a critical role in opening LNG Imports as the country transitions to clean energy sources.
As a leader of our construction delivery team, you will undertake design review, project management, and supervision. The project involves modifying an existing liquid fuel jetty to accommodate a floating storage regasification unit and liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers for the receipt, storage, and delivery of a safe, reliable, and competitive supply of LNG to the Philippines. The scope includes modifications to the jetty head, berthing, and mooring facilities; a trestle bridge with high-pressure gas pipeline and utilities; and a jetty monitoring building and control room.
Reporting to the Country Manager specific responsibility include
- Overseeing construction work progress and technical performance on the assigned construction project.
- Working closely with the overall project and construction team ensure successful delivery of projects
- Reporting and contract coordination
- All for safety aspects at the site, implementing all the safety procedures and instructions issued
Here’s what you’ll need
- Significant maritime construction management experience in LNG wharves and Jetties
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive site HSE culture
- Able to manage multi-disciplinary construction teams
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate a combination of construction, technical and commercial experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.