Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade’s Business Development Leaders are responsible for generating and closing sales for Avanade’s services. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
As a Business Development Lead, you’ll be assigned a portfolio of customers with a focus on developing new client relationships and building business.
You’ll identify and initiate long term C level relationships with new high-value customers and cross-sell new services to existing customers. You’ll lead your team in consistently exceeding customer satisfaction.
The role is within the Communications, Media and Technology Consulting Group (OG) within Avanade.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Daily responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute Portfolio Strategy and Account Plans
- Strong engagement & account management experience, ability to manage internal business groups and manage key business, delivery, and Ops stakeholders
- Work closely with strategic account leads, build strategic pursuits, collaborate, bring value, and originate opportunities within existing accounts
- Hunt for new logos in Singapore and Malaysia Communications, Media and Technology Consulting Services space
- Plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation and customer satisfaction for assigned accounts
- Architect complex and high-impact sales deals
- Lead customer engagement opportunities from lead generation to deal review, negotiation and closing
- Create compelling proposals and work with engineering to coordinate delivery
- Develop strong C-level customer relationships, manage customer satisfaction, and drive cross-sell opportunities
- Maintain strong understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions, and competitors' offerings
- Develop and maintain opportunity pipeline using Avanade customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Support regional marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Essential Skills and experience:
- The role requires someone having worked with clients in the local Communications, Media and Technology Consulting market and has strong local connects in the space
- The role requires someone who has a strong level of experience of winning business transformation projects and business change programmes.
- The roles requires someone who has managed a portfolio of USD 5-8M
- The roles requires someone who has managed multiple key accounts
- The role requires someone who has good local connections and contacts with clients in the Communications, Media and Technology Consulting industry in Singapore.
- Has experience in acquiring new logos
- Has ability to align and work as a team for joint success, while liaising with key internal business, delivery, and technical stakeholders
- The role requires someone who is independent, and is technology savvy. He/she should be able to hold a first level technical discussion with key client stakeholders to understand the business issues, technology enablers, and qualify opportunities to be pursued or otherwise, without much help initially from technical SMEs.
This role demands a motivated, personable individual who operates with a high level of autonomy. You’re excited about the possibilities of using technology to transform business, and you’re gifted at crafting a vision that gets clients excited, too. You’re a strong team player, working towards a common goal and ensuring joint success.
Specific skills you possess include:
- Tenacity and strong work ethic
- High curiosity; in understanding your clients’ business, their issues, their reasons for investing or changing
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Great people and presentation skills
- Skilled negotiator
- Strong track record in managing sales pipelines and meeting revenue quotas.
- You have experience selling large, complex, multi-year IT projects and solutions and working with global delivery centers. With at least seven years of services sales or professional consulting experience, and at least five years in management, you are a seasoned business development veteran.
- Strongly preferred:
- Experience selling large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery.
- Experience leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, sales or marketing (or relevant field); advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 8+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
4+ years of management experience
Accountabilities & Metrics:
Sales and Revenue targets
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee stock purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.