As a member of our DevOps production support group, you'll use your technical expertise as well as creative and critical thinking skills to maintain and continuously improve our global application systems. You will use and learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle and you will partner with our development and business stakeholders. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Front office production support engineer for CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) business. You will be a hands on technical person (development experience in Python would be ideal) who has very good analytical and problem solving skills. You will be supporting Athena based applications, facing the front office traders and middle office, you will have an opportunity to learn new technologies as well as business/trading fundamentals. It would be an ideal fit for someone who loves to work in a fast paced environment, make new contacts, work in a global team (who has set very high standards for implementing DevOps methodologies in production management across JP Morgan).
What do we do?
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled application support team responsible for the front-office trade floor support and stability & resiliency of the global CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 40+ members with the presence in AMER, EMEA and Asia and we use follow-the-Sun model. JP Morgan is one of the top investment bank in the CCEM business globally.
In Singapore, we interact directly with the Front Office traders, Middle office users as well as with our Application Development (AD) and Global Infrastructure partners. The CCEM business is a fast growing in Asia and it relies heavily on the technology - agility and high availability (stability) of our application software. Our team’s key focus is automation and tooling using DevOps principals that will continuously eliminate repeat work and enhances our productivity on YOY basis.
This job requires a decent mix of business and technology expertise and provides a great learning opportunity in both areas for everyone. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered to access and fix the application software (code and configuration) and develop tools, APIs and helpers for higher productivity. We deal with front office trading applications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middle office booking flow and various forms of complex infrastructure including distributed computing (CBB).
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a technical engineer who is a quick learner, critical thinker, enjoys problem solving and software development, has good communication skills, is hungry for learning (business knowledge & tech skills) and is an enthusiastic team player.
- Trade floor support and Problem solving – Primary role is problem solving, application and trade floor support for CCEM business (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets). You will be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
- Development and debugging skills – Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support helpers and ad-hoc scripts.
- Collaboration – Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users (including traders) and global production management teams.
- Automation Design/Implementer – This is a key focus area. You will innovate, design, implement and maintain automation strategies for a very reliable production system/flow.
- Capacity and Resiliency – Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux hosts, Distributed computing, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.) related capacity and resiliency management
- Incident management – Production incident management, root cause analysis (RCA) and related follow ups to ensure closure of the issue.
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing development and/or L1 and/or L2 production support in finance domain is required.
- Technically hands-on working with Linux, scripting (Shell, Python and/or Perl) and database systems. Few years of programming experience in any modern language would be a great plus.
- Quick thinker, problem solver (even under pressure) and a fast learner under constantly changing environment.
- Very good communication skills, be able to communicate effectively to both traders and technology partners.
- Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity, or eagerness to learn it.
- Ability to understand incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or eagerness to experience it
- Knowledge of Commodities or FX trading with specialization in Front and/or Middle office workflows, or eagerness to learn it.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.