As a Commercial IT Solution Architect you will be part of a team of Architects in our Sales Centre of Excellence who are focused on harnessing the power of technology to enable our sales objectives and excellent customer experience in Johnson Controls.
You will work with our business and IT stakeholders to conceive and design sales technology solutions and support the mapping of requirements to ensure alignment with our enterprise and commercial roadmap, delivering the best technical architecture to fulfill our business and customer needs.
The Solution Architect for Commercial IT is accountable for designing solutions that enable the Sales and commercial functions of the Johnson Controls Asia Pacific business across various lines of business including:
- HVAC and Controls: air systems, chillers, and building automation
- Fire Protection: fire detection, protection, suppression, and alarm monitoring
- Security Solutions: intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, and alarm monitoring.
- Industrial Refrigeration
The position operates within a matrixed IT Operating Model in which the Commercial IT Solution Architect is primarily accountable for the design and architectural governance of IT solutions in the Sales/Commercial platforms. You will work in collaboration with a broader team of architects from ERP, Marketing, Analytics, RPA and Enterprise teams along with stakeholders from Information Security, Delivery, Program Management, and Business-IT Engagement.
How you will do:
- Use your technical expertise to review, interpret and respond to business requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future technology capability.
- Design and align technology solutions to our target state ecosystem, provide leadership on platform evolution and maturity of our Commercial IT ecosystem.
- Define and maintain a target state technology evolution roadmap for Commercial IT platforms and ensure alignment with our overall Enterprise Architecture Strategy, IT and Business Stakeholders.
- Provide insights and thought-leadership on industry/functional trends and best practices to guide technology decisions in context to business priorities.
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate, prioritise and define solutions for Commercial projects.
- Prepare Solution Design Documents and work with stakeholders to ensure they are approved
- Understand service inter-dependencies and work with cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the delivery teams, peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Use your hands-on experience with technology and skills in communication and negotiation to enable the success of critical projects.
- Ensure standards for technical reviews, peer reviews, and feedback cycles are set and followed for architecture designs and implementation
- Ensure technical governance is in place across the Commercial platforms for the region.
- Foster a culture of technical discipline, craftsmanship, innovation, transparency and collaboration
- Support risk management, regulatory compliance, cybersecurity, and audit remediation activities.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery efforts.
- Support definition and utilization of IT governance processes and policies.
- Collaborate, negotiate, influence, and build relationships at levels with internal and external parties in alignment with Johnson Controls’ key values: integrity, teamwork, excellence, and accountability.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics /Instrumentation
- 6 years of hands-on experience working with Sales and Customer Experience technologies (e.g. CRM, CPQ, ecommerce) and a thorough understanding of industry trends, vendors, frameworks and practices
- Certified Salesforce System or Application Architect or equivalent in other enterprise CRM platforms. Oracle Customer Experience certification or equivalent in other enterprise sales platforms.
- Understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software engineering processes and practice
- Experience in DevOps / CI / CD
- Understanding of cloud concepts including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and iPaaS
- Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems, developing solutions, and integrating platforms using enterprise integration software e.g. mulesoft.
- Exceptional leadership skills to achieve outcomes in a heavily matrixed management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, across all levels and environments
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Experience in partner engagement with an onshore/offshore delivery model
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical team as well as business audience
- Experience in Application Extensions and BI Reporting