- Posted 30 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Amazon.com serve customers and developers all over the world who rely on storage, compute, and other services that power Amazon’s consumer, digital and AWS businesses. Our customers trust us to handle their data with air-tight security. Customer data security is a given and a guarantee for our businesses.
Key job responsibilities
AWS’ Infrastructure team is looking for a detail-oriented, experienced and professional Cluster Security Manager. You will have experience managing security of large critical infrastructure installations, ideally data centers. You will have professional experience managing people with varying skill sets, devising strategies, creating, tracking and controlling budgets, sponsoring projects, and driving improvements of our security readiness. You will report to the Senior Security Manager responsible for your area.
Your responsibilities include maintaining an extensive knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues and security technology, and the risks and threats that could impact the Data Centers; performing annual risk analysis for the Data Center sites, particularly with respect to levels of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, and threats from natural and man-made disasters; provide leadership and best practices on security policy and practices; provide leadership, advice, and guidance to AWS Data Center staff as well as contract security staff in achieving current and long-range strategic program objectives; serve as staff support to security management and assist in conducting investigations of significant threats and/or the loss or misappropriation of assets; and liaise with other Amazon, AWS and external security organizations to ensure optimal buy-in for their successful implementation.
You will routinely collaborate with your Data Center Security Managers, Cluster Security Managers and other regional security operations personnel to ensure that the data centers under your supervision provide a safe and secure environment and safeguard the vital information within. Your team will also educate stakeholders on the importance of emergency readiness, encourage a culture of security awareness, conduct regular drills and update all plans annually. You will be required to provide periodic performance, program and strategic roadmap briefings to AWS senior leaders.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, decisive, influential and innovative leader who can communicate a compelling and comprehensive set of outcomes to be achieved. You must have the presence and influence to define and enforce high standards for programs you implement and monitor at all levels. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, and can define structure, processes and standards where none yet exist. You must be able to deliver on our customer data security tenets and mission first; minimizing tradeoffs in cost, efficiency and operations friction. Written and verbal communications should be comprehensive, clear and precise.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hyderabad, TS, IND
• 7+ year’s experience managing contract security and physical security operation programs such as Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems
• 5+ years Project Management experience
• 5+ years creating process improvement procedure
• 5+years managing a team of individual contributors and vendors
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent professional experience in corporate or government security environment
• 3+ years experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• 4+ years Root-Cause Analysis experience
• 5+ years experience creating and implementing emergency planning programs, physical security countermeasures
• Familiarity with security program automation and implementation
• CPP/PSP/PMP certified
• Training in / experience using Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
• Familiarity with various Access/Intrusion Control Systems
• Ability to interpret program objectives, develop project schedules and manage adherence to established timetables.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and system designs.