Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Assessing organisation’s cloud cybersecurity readiness and advise clients on a cloud structure from any suitable available products on the market including hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and Google Cloud.
- Providing Hybrid Multicloud security projects with subject matter expertise across the breadth of Cybersecurity consulting.
- experience in Identity and Access Management implementation with skills around technical architecture and design development
- Experience with Access Governance using Azure AD
- Engaging in the articulation of solutions and services, challenging, supporting and assessing client’s requirements.
- Working independently to generate solutions based sound analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Preparing proposals, documents, diagrams and reference artefacts for clients and internal purposes
- Presenting to internal and external stakeholders on delivery progress.
- Documenting Cybersecurity current state and providing guidance to support improvements to the organisation’s cybersecurity posture
- Capture and define security requirements and identify relevant standards
- Perform cybersecurity risk assessments and business impact analyses
- Select and design appropriate security controls
- Hybrid Cloud experience in advising clients on suitable cloud architecture and designs.
- Build, configure, and test the security controls
- Provide operational support, including detection, response, and recovery
- perform detailed review of technical documentation and deliverables developed by others both internal and external to team.
- Report against assigned tasks and proactively raise risks and issues
- Contribute to lessons learned and root-cause analysis sessions
- Build and share subject-matter expertise in technologies, products, and processes relevant to cyber security.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to think like a malicious hacker when advising and designing cloud security transformation
- Securing Hybrid multi-cloud environments and understanding cyber and operational risks associated with cloud solutions hosted on Azure, AWS, GCP or IBM Cloud
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure configuration and deployment.
- Lead a team of high-level security specialists and advise delivery teams on security for cloud migrations and implementations
- Understanding of Identity Access Governance
What experience do I need?
- Public cloud security or cloud information management certifications
- 3+ years in cyber security or a related domain
- Experience in defining cyber threats and designing tailored controls to manage those threats.
- Experience with identity management and federation technologies and concepts (Such as SailPoint, CyberArk, etc)
- Certified in one key cloud product with ability to understand others (such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Working knowledge of securing applications and both onprem and cloud infrastructure (secure coding methods, WAF, application gateways, firewalls, servers, virtualized technologies, etc)
- Knowledge of networking on associated technologies, such as LAN/WAN, OSI, TCP/IP, File Transfer Protocols, Telnet and Secure Shell, Load balancer, Domain
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.