Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.Business used to rely on technology, now business is technology, and customer experience is the IT experience. Navigating and harnessing this digital transformation quickly is how to get ahead but it comes with challenges.
HPE Pointnext services are designed to help accelerate digital transformation by making Hybrid IT simple and powering the intelligent edge. By leveraging HPE’s strength in infrastructure, partner ecosystems and end-to-end lifecycle experience, solutions are optimized supporting unique business demands.We are looking for solution architects with strong Cloud Native Computing and Big Data platform consulting, design, and delivery experience to deliver & support customers’ transformation of their enterprise data store, normalization, analysis, modeling, and process methodology which leads to generate new business value.
The solution architect would help our enterprise customers to strategize and adopt the transformation of their current enterprise data platform into the next generation enterprise cloud native big data platform to generate disruptive business value.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
As Cloud Native Big Data & Computing solution architect, the role will be to engage our enterprise customers to understand their business challenges and requirements around data management and help our customer’s design & implement new enterprise big data platform and methodology and related backend IT service frameworks and maximize the business around the cloud native big data and computing service business.Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with our sales and presales teams and engage our enterprise customers to understand their business challenges and requirements
- Working with senior customer representatives (up to, and including, C-level executives) to advise and guide on the overall solution
- Designing and leading workshops focusing on the transformation of the customer’s technology and covering the whole enterprise big data transformation programme
- Providing input to the sales process and producing Statements of Work
- Producing Strategy and Roadmap documentation, including Business Cases and ROI analysis
- Discovering and understanding the customer’s business problems
- Work with our architectural & engineering teams and the Big Data, Cloud Native Computing, and Cloud Foundry community to deliver innovative solutions that meet our customer’s needs.
- Be able to individually implement smaller tactical projects or Proof of Concepts (POC)
- On large scale projects be able to lead a team of development and implementation resources under the local project management team
- Identifying opportunities for additional HPE engagements with leading local professional members to generate incremental business for the HPE.
- Delivering HPE’s Cloud Native Big Data & Computing Platform solutions into customer environments and ensuring solutions works as specified
- Maintaining knowledge of wider cloud technologies and concepts, including but not limited to Big Data, such as Hadoop, OpenStack, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry
- Managing stakeholder relationships in the country, across HPE business units, especially Hybrid IT and Pointnext. Managing complex multifunction relationships with senior and executive stakeholder management
- Managing project financials including business impact within the team with reliable forecast accuracy
- Being an active in open source communities, such as Cloud Native Computing Foundation, OpenStack, and Cloud Foundry community
- Maximizing the business in the area of cloud native big data platform
- Aligning with the regional and worldwide team to expand the new business area and increase share of wallet of the existing and new customers
- Reporting to the regional lead of HPE Pointnext Hybrid IT CoE lead
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years of enterprise experience
- Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Cloud Native Big Data platform and analytic applications
- Analyse the latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, bring these insights and best practices
- Exposure to varying databases – NoSQL (at very minimum Key value stores and/or Document stores), Appliances
- Platform Design and Implementation experience with the following environments;
- Big Data Infrastructure Technologies : SQL on Hadoop, API/REST services, BI across the data landscape, Search and secondary indexing
- Programing Languages : Java, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Environments & Frameworks – Docker, Cloud Foundry, Spring, Rails, Elastic beanstalk (AWS), Microsoft.net, OpenShift etc, WebSphere, Apache httpd, LAMP, Kubernetes, Tensorflow
- Database – MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis
- Application life cycle and monitoring – backup, recovery, monitoring (i.e. new relic)
- Development environments - DEV, TEST, STAGE, PROD, repositories, code review tools
- Application architecture – 12 factor application design
- Opensource experience must include designing and implementing the platforms, technologies and products that provide an IaaS / PaaS / SaaS solutions. For example, Puppet, Chef or Juju. You need a minimum of 2 years’ experience deploying production applications using these, or similar products, in projects
- Experience in the following products and technologies would be an advantage
- Amazon, Azure, and alternate cloud products and technologies.