How you will do it
- Delivery accountability for designed solutions leveraging both intern and external partner providers
- Performs engineering design evaluations for new environment builds
- Architect, implement and improve possible automations for cloud environments
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Implementation of industry standard security practices during implementation and maintain it throughout the lifecycle.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures through automation tools. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- The role is also expected to leverage prior knowledge and experience with the Azure, GCP or OCI automation framework to perform automation of build and deployment activities.
- This individual will consult with other team members and use prior expertise with Azure, GCP or OCI to extend an existing framework of automation across new and existing application environments.
- Advise and engage with the customer executives on their cloud strategy roadmap, improvements, alignment by bringing in industry best practice/trends and work on further improvements with required business case analysis and required presentations.
- Creating business cases for transformation and modernization, including analysis of both total cost of ownership and potential cost and revenue impacts of the transformation
- Process analysis and design, with a focus on identifying technology-driven improvements to core enterprise processes
- Maintain deep knowledge of the market for cloud services, enterprise applications, business process management, advanced analytics, and integration software
- Develop alternate technology solutions blueprint (cloud-based computing, storage, etc.) to build case for legacy technology modernization
- Develop recommendations for operating model development to implement transformation initiatives
- Cloud strategy and suitability assessment and definition
- Perform Solution design based on internal customer requirements in the areas of public cloud IaaS & PaaS offerings
- Perform continuous improvement and cost optimization exercises within public cloud platforms
What we look for
- At least 4 years’ experience architecting enterprise solutions leveraging Azure, GCP, or OCI IaaS/PaaS services
- 8+ years of experience of relevant infrastructure design / delivery
- Azure, GCP or OCI Certification
- In depth knowledge of key Azure, GCP or OCI Services such as: VM, DB PaaS, App Services, NSG, WAF, Vnet, VPN & container management
- In-depth knowledge of design, delivery, engineering, automation and devops implementation, service operation and service improvement initiatives
- Relevant On premise infrastructure architecture such as VMware, hypervisor, storage arrays, Network Security
- Cloud strategy assessment and definition
- Key Skills: CI and CD using Jenkins, Ansible, Python, Shell scripting, Change management
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience using DevOps Tools, Python, Dockers
- Skillsets: - Knowledge about CI and CD using GIT, Jenkins, Ansible
- Strong understanding of UNIX Operating system and adept in any of the scripting languages like shell, awk, perl etc.
- Understanding and experience on handling of servers like IIS, Tomcat, Apache
- Defining deployment standards for development team & reviewing delivered build packages for validating the required standards, Automation Architect
What you will love about Johnson Controls:
- We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast-paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company-funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays