We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. We embrace our diversity yet share similar values and growth mindsets.
What’s your next professional and personal goal? Let Experian help bring this to life
The Cloud Engineer applies technology solutions with varying degrees of complexity for both our internal and customer-facing systems. Responsibilities include daily operations of cloud infrastructure such as planning and implementing changes, responding to issues, and reviewing and optimizing cloud costs.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security standards
- Work in tandem with our solution/engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Carry out sophisticated maintenance routines to ensure that the overall system functions optimally
- Responsible for monitoring the consumption of cloud resources, request fulfillment turnaround, application performance, and systems security posture.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 4+ years of IT experience, at least 1 in infrastructure/operations roles
- Must have 1+ years of experience with running production application infrastructure in AWS
- Experience with open-source technology such as Linux, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Experience with security concepts and technologies (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways and VPN
- Experience with agile development methods such as SCRUM, XP, and/or SAFe Agile
- Experience with configuration management platforms such as Terraform
- Familiarity with network security, encryption technology, and troubleshooting network issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assessment and decision-making skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical, deductive and inductive reasoning