As a Cloud Engineer, your focus is on defining and/or delivering modern infrastructure architectures for public and hybrid cloud solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud and the broader Microsoft technology stack. These could include:
- The creation of a cloud foundation
- Design and deployment of new cloud native solutions
- Migration and modernization of existing workloads
- Enabling organization transformation to a cloud-first model
- Understand customers’ overall compute estate, IT priorities, and success measures to enable the design and implementation of Microsoft and 3rd party architectures and solutions.
- Apply your technical knowledge to implement solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps for the technical viability of new deployments while infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate.
- Apply application architecture principals to help customers build modernization scenarios.
- Develop relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Maintain and advance technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights, and share within the technical community.
- Be an Azure platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery.
- Driving decisions reciprocally, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- You are a solid technologist with good business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you skilfully build collaboration between the two. You are a solid communicator, are adept at understanding business needs and related technology solutions as well as helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
- Cloud transformation at this scale will require you to be knowledgeable in public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular. You will also be conversant in modern engineering practices and methods such as Infrastructure as code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of helping large and complex clients successfully adopt the public cloud for mission critical workloads.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in client facing roles and performing technical delivery tasks as part of a larger team.
- 5+ years of information technology experience including 3+ years of hands-on experience with public cloud technologies and their implementation with experience in Azure or Private Cloud
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- You have experience with Cloud Networking, Containers, Governance, BC/HA/DR, and Security.
- You have experience with Azure DevOps, DevOps tools and processes, Terraform/ARM/Biceps, Ansible, and/or other automation tools/platforms.
- You hold certification(s) for Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies.
- You have experience with scripting in PowerShell, AzureCLI, Python, Perl, etc.
- You have experience with systems Administration - Windows, Linux
- Implementation experience in the Singapore Government Commercial Cloud (GCC) in Singapore is highly valued.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.