Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, ports aren’t just structures but are ways we connect people and goods. We’re seeking a Resident Engineer to help oversee the complex and the everyday project tasks for a variety of clients. This role will help you grow your career, but also grow client relationships and business development opportunities for Jacobs.
Based in Batangas, you’ll have an opportunity to work on projects across the state with the support of a global team. By developing detailed scopes, reports and schedules, you’ll help our teams achieve our client’s objectives
- Lead maritime engineer on projects, including the management of work packages with multi-disciplined design teams and co-ordination with clients
- Performing engineering calculations, preparing design drawings, writing specifications and reports, preparing cost and quantity estimates
- Maintaining quality control of the work product and effectively completing projects on time and within budget
- Helping resolve design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Professional Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- Experience in ports and/or maritime engineering is required.
- Strong technical skills and team participation to help drive projects toward successful completion
- Able to demonstrate most of the following skills: client focus; effective team player; commitment and motivation; personal planning and organisation; confident in communication with good presentation skills
- In-depth capability in design of quay walls, jetties, dredging, reclamation breakwaters, and other maritime structures
- Detail knowledge of relevant standards
- Familiar with coastal engineering and modelling
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) MathCAD and Microstation (or AutoCAD) required.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.