- Support project team leader in the delivery of medium- to large-sized innovation projects (2-5 years) for all product categories impacting Deco SESA and globally for other regions.
- Conduct formulation/prototype development and testing work. Design and execute experiments, analyze test results and prepare presentations & reports, in line with R&D standard processes with minimal guidance.
- Be a core member in a project team and contribute in the scoping of project and completion of project deliverables.
- Participate in innovation projects and support delivery of results on time with high quality following R&D standard processes and business needs.
- Apply correct test methodologies in formulation development, use appropriate test equipment and processes to execute experiments in the laboratory.
- Analyze and interpret test results. Present findings and prepare report.
- Ensure intellectual properties like formulation knowhow is protected. Generate input that may be used for patent filing.
- Interact with suppliers and team members from other categories and regions to collaborate and deliver project and share relevant knowledge.
- Keep up with internal and external developments in own field of expertise.
- Assume the role of intern supervisor and ensure intern is trained and guided to execute laboratory tasks safely with acceptable standard.
- Maintain and promote safe working environment in compliance with safety policies and procedures. Follow safe work practices and ensure good housekeeping practices.
- Maintain laboratory stocks of raw materials and equipment.
- Support and cover for other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials/Polymer Science, Physics or related field with 3-5 years of working experience
- Previous laboratory experience in technology or product development projects, particularly in paint formulation and testing.
- Good practical, analytical and laboratory skills. Working knowledge in design of experiments is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Functional competencies:
- Market & Product Insight: Support
- Business & Technical Communication: Support
- Problem Solving: Support
- Work Management: Support
- Experimental Principles & Design: Support
- Technical Improvement & Innovation: Support
- Managing Knowledge, Legislation & IP: Support