Who we are
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet. We’re helping to create a healthy planet with solutions that decrease energy use, reduce waste and make carbon neutrality a reality.
Sustainability is a top priority for our company. We committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services. We take sustainability seriously. Achieving net zero carbon emissions before 2040 is just one of our commitments to making the world a better place.
What you will do:
- Work directly with key internal members of the Logistics Community in the global and beyond as situationally required
- Align with Global Logistics Strategies and perform effectively all purchasing activities
- Manage contract and Basic Service Agreement information to ensure that renewals or termination due date are under control
- Conducts benchmarking and overall market assessment to support the development of the procurement strategies, aligned with regional logistics & warehouse requirements and in compliance with global and regional logistics strategies
- Administers the RFI, RFQ, and RFP processes to convey the appropriate commercial requirements to the participating suppliers
- Provide a commercial comparison of the suppliers’ responses using analytical skills to understand and normalize differences in responses
- Ensures that agreements are prepared with the proper technical, legal, and commercial languages
- Execute the awarding procedures and work with regional Business Unit procurement departments to have Purchase Orders issued once the end-user department has obtained all required authorizations and approvals
- Works closely with the JCI Global Logistics Procurement Category leaders to ensure alignment with the Global Logistics Procurement strategy and adoption of best practices
- Continually look for ways to improve and exceed expectations, increase efficiency implement better process, and achieve cost savings as the situation requires
- Take responsibility on works assigned from management
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s level degree or above
- 8 years of related Logistics Procurement work experience, with strong demonstrated experience in purchasing ocean freight, air freight, warehouse service
- Previous experience in aligning Logistics Purchasing activities, global standards, and local characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to influence and direct Logistics Procurement strategy so that corporate goals are met while meeting regional goals
- Ability to anticipate how the evolving business environment will impact the regional and global Logistics Procurement strategies
- Ability to implement and/or enforce agreed strategies in the case of situations where diverging approaches are suggested
- Contract Administration (drafting, analyzing contracts; key contract law provisions)
- Broad experience in developing supplier relationships to better serve the company
- Extensive exposure to Global Logistics sourcing activities, with deep knowledge of the global market
- Agile and capable negotiator
- Proven quality focus in providing internal customer solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and to evolve efficiently to complete
- Well-versed with Microsoft applications like word, excel, ppt, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.