As a Business Development Senior Officer, you will act as the Subject Matter Expert for UPS Technology Solutions Japan. This exciting opportunity allows you to partner closely with the Client Facing team, Business Development Manager, Enterprise/Global Business Group and other teams to develop innovative technical solutions / enhancement for our clients.
- Document requirements and work closely with Region CSG development team to develop, implement and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Meet with clients to scope and understand the system requirements.
- Partner closely with cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Design, build, test and deploy the system. Provide onsite / remote post-implementation support to ensure a smooth startup and for the existing system that was previously deployed. Assist on standby support during quarter-end and major EAG accounts events, i.e. NPI.
- Perform coding, debugging and troubleshooting system errors.
- Ensure the necessary system setup updates are available when requested by the EAG Account Managers and/or CSG Global Solutions Team.
- Minimum a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems / Computer Science / Industrial Engineering / Logistics / Business Management or International Business.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Programmer, with background in Information Systems Design and Development. You will have knowledge on developing solutions in a Visual Basic environment and working with Microsoft Access or SQL databases.
- Able to design and develop application programs / solutions using Dot.Net Suite (VB.Net) and Microsoft Access.
- Create and maintain database build with Microsoft Access, SQL Database or other form of databases.
- Familiar with Web-services based API and cloud based application developments. Skilled in Java, C++, SQL, C#, and HTML experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English as well as Japanese. You will be liaising with the local clients in these languages to understand their requirements and provide post-implementation support.
- Comfortable to travel within Japan for business trips when required.