Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a critical role in assuring Cisco's Services business offers are aligned with customer needs, fulfil their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco's financial performance.
The ASEAN BDM engages and assists in the development of complex Services solutions across the Cisco product line that requires customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective End to End solutions. This role also has a specialty focus on SP Routing, Software (Automation and Orchestration) Data Center and Cloud.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS) and Cisco Services experts across the Cisco Professional Services organization to develop business deals which are designed for customer success and are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco.
In this role, you will:
- Focus primarily on deals of high complexity, with a focus on the Global Service Provider space
- Responsible for the development and support of sales offers which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco's revenue and margin performance
- The BDM works with customers and partners to assemble requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements for development of Scope of Works (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables
- The BDM supports the Statement of Work drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning
- Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal or cross-architectural solutions to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business
- Demonstrates multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco's financial performance
- Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development
- Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise
- Engage with customers alongside Account Managers and product teams at the C- Level to position Cisco solutions, identify business outcomes, and design engagement scopes to deliver results against those designed outcomes
- Identifies and quantifies commercial and delivery risk. Facilitates deal closure and delivery handover to Delivery team
Who You'll Work With
- Undertake ongoing field & market enablement on Global Service Provider offers and solutions, develop customer mindset and work with relevant partners to seed & develop new opportunities
- You'll provide frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements. You'll articulate the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services' skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities
- As a BDM, you'll work closely to validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assisting in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations
Who You Are
You would have acquired:
- BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus
- 10+ years in Technical Sales/Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience in either large Enterprise, Government and/or Service Provider
- Experience in Global Service provider services sales
- Solid experience in Data Center / Cloud, SP routing and broader knowledge across Security, Enterprise Networking and Data Centre Networking/SDN. This includes Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud architectures and solutions, networking, security, plus orchestration and automation
- Understanding of the Data Center / Cloud marketplace including competitive offerings; key large Service Provider customer drivers, use-cases, challenges and risks
- Understanding of new and emerging development operating models such as Agile development & CI/CD, Dev/Ops, Microservices, Containers, and 'Cloud Native' infrastructures in the context of Global Service Provider
- Skilled in consultative/solution selling and professional services
- Combination of broad experience in Software or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix type organizational environment
- High-energy, self-starter with forward-thinking track record. High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given - willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done
- High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly
- Strong analytical capability, able to convince key partners regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding
- Some experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas
- Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing
- Ability to define, price, and support outcomes-based solutions
- Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening
- Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities demonstrated in solution development, deployment, and management will be an added advantage
- Financial Acumen - Experience in finance and P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations
- Ability to travel through the ASEAN region
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.