IBM’s Digital Sales organization is looking for Business Development Representative – Systems Hardware based in Auckland.
The BDR is an important member of IBM’s sales organization, playing a critical role in identifying and qualifying leads as an initial point of contact, profiling customers and performing proactive territory planning/execution. BDR works in collaboration with other parts of IBM – Marketing, Account Managers, Brand Specialists, Technical Specialists, Partner Managers and Channel Business Partners.
In this role, BDR’s primary objective is to identify, validate and create qualified opportunities for the team you support. You will be the customer’s very first introduction to IBM experience.
In this role, it is essential that you are a driven sales rep with strong business acumen, demonstrate sales instincts and track record in developing business from the ground up.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
- Create, manage and drive to sales acceptance for all inbound and outbound leads.
- Identify and qualify prospects through live chat, inbound marketing leads and outbound sales plays. Although this role will require 80% of time invested in proactive outbound sales prospecting.
- Proactively engage in quarterly marketing campaign planning sessions and share ideas to further improve our engagement with clients.
- Understand client’s pain points and able to gather technical requirements and link them to business values.
- Generate interest and provide vision of the portfolio of IBM solutions to potential customers.
- Present a high level, technical solution to diverse audiences which includes IBM peers, partners, prospects and customers relevant to target industry or market
- Work closely with the brand specialists and partner sales managers to ensure alignment of objectives
- Update and maintain customer information using CRM – SalesConnect SugarCRM.
- Engage and coordinate necessary internal resources to progress and close deals.
- Track all lead management & sales activity through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system – SugarCRM.
- Understand opportunity status/visibility, progression and next steps to closure.
- Responsible to provide the account team a detailed hand over note – adhere to BANT framework to make sure opportunities are clearly understood by all stakeholders.
- Assist marketing and sales management develop use case materials, client references.
- Engage with product management and provide feedback on customer reaction to products and offerings.
- Achieve quarterly sales lead qualification, pipeline building and win revenue target.
- Provide weekly business progression to BDR sales manager – pipeline building activities, opportunity progression and forecast
- At least 2 years of experience in Sales Development or Business Development in IT Industry
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Experience in hardware server/storage sales or in storage software (backup)
- Experience in whitespace accounts.
- Managed a territory with an assigned quota.