What you’ll do
The Business Development Manager role is a New Business Sales role, is quota bearing and bringing new sales revenue forms the primary performance objective. It is performance based and measured against both sales and Sensormatic Solutions enterprise KPIs. This role will focus on new logo acquisition and demand generation. This role promotes Sensormatic Solutions in the marketplace and will be responsible for building relationships with targeted Retail clients.
This role will both frame and drive business opportunities, leveraging the Sensormatic Solutions/JCI Delivery teams. This will also involve the shaping and framing of propositions to meet client requirements working alongside Sector Leadership, Commercial Excellence leaders, Service Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and sales support teams, responsible for sales closure of the deals following Sensormatic Solutions processes and achieving the substantial targets including bookings, revenues and profitability.
How you will do
- Understand and discuss the Sales plan with the Sales leader to agree on potential opportunities to be chased in his/her own focus area (territory, sector, etc.).
- Qualify opportunities further pursued, drive consistency between Sales strategy and content work handled by the Strategic Sales Support team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management).
- Own communications and relationships for each deal.
- Experienced in demand generation activities that are relevant to this market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Sensormatic Solutions in these forums with tangible business results.
- Key face of the company relationship to the clients you engage with, covering many layers within the organization and be able to develop relationships at Executive level, both on the Retail Technology and Business sides.
- Penetrate targeted new logo accounts
- Compliance with the Sensormatic Solutions sales methodology and practices.
- Supports overall responsibility for Client Relationship at the company's executive level.
- Plans, directs and manages sales and market activities to continually reflect customer trends, market fluctuations, and changes in business practices/technology.
- Impacts customer business strategy and sells solutions across the company solution portfolio.
- Establishes and articulates innovations and growth opportunities for customers and the company.
- Ensures client happiness and broadening of offerings with potential new customers.
- Owns the strategic direction of the account by establishing and articulating client happiness goals in relation to client expectations.
- Serves as an advisor to develop vision, innovation, and industry expertise.
- Establishes relationships proactively and grows customer intimacy.
- Communicates with cross-functional groups and builds strategic relationships with client teams.
- Provides significant industry expertise and client eye for business. Sells higher level services to the customer, enabling driven advantage for them in the marketplace.
- Provides thought leadership and capitalizes on cumulative industry, product, and company-specific experiences.
- Collects standard methodologies and advises and facilitates the management and movement of information.
What we look for
- Extensive understanding of the Retail Industry and its leading brands
- Able to negotiate deals where Sensormatic Solutions is not the low-cost provider
- Business/financial management expertise
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven or more years of industry or client relationship experience
- Proven sales and/or client relationship management experience preferred
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in order to achieve customer objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.