Your Role and Responsibilities :
The Business Development Executive is responsible for development and assessment of services led business opportunities, including strategic outsourcing & Managed services. He/she should have an understanding of altering enterprise demand in the services market i.e. Change from Traditional outsourcing to Managed Hybrid cloud IT with specific emphasis on “Digital transformation”. The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations which leads to being viewed as a "trusted advisor."
The BDE is expected to use the full capabilities of IBM Corporation to create, articulate, and sell an innovative and compelling buying vision and value proposition so that executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value to their business offered by a relationship with IBM.
What we're looking for a candidate:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience of selling/leading complex and large deals
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the business development process within the services portfolio of offerings, along with demonstrating strong financial, business, and industry insights and consultative selling skills that can be applied to opportunities across the business unit. Demonstrates high proficiency levels for industry, business and consultative selling skills.
- Masters and applies expert knowledge of client's strategy, business priorities and initiatives to develop compelling and innovative buying visions, from IBM's broad solution portfolio, that will resonate with senior client executives to attain business unit, country/area or international objectives.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of key competitors' and potential partners' offerings, strategies, and plans. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and evaluates potential partnership alliances to create customer preference for IBM offerings and enhance quality of each business development opportunity.
- Collaborates and negotiates with team members and other IBM resources to define approaches and strategies to meet customer requirements and develops win / win solutions to specific tactical project problems and issues. Effectively collaborates and negotiates with multiple levels of client executive management.
- Mentors others and engages in teamwork at the highest management levels of IBM, client and other business partners as needed to attain personal, team and IBM business objectives.
Plans and engages in substantive dialogues and very complex negotiations between IBM management, client management and other parties which meet business requirements and often result in long-term agreements and commitments.