We are currently looking for an individual to fill the role of Business Analyst.
Having specific knowledge of the Energy and Utilities Industry, and deep expertise in corporate business processes and products, she/he will analyze and verify the requirements, business process decomposition, and design. The successful candidate must have experience in new business processes modeling.
In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients: the Business Analyst will participate in conducting client workshops and interviews, Agile workshops facilitation and documentation of discussions.
The candidate should have worked in an Agile environment being versed in writing epics and decomposing epics into user stories. Additionally, desirable is the experience as a system analyst for Operations Technology systems like the Advanced Distribution Management System ( ADMS) & Energy Management System (EMS).
Your Role and Responsibilities :
- Detailed interrogation of client needs and gathering functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creating detailed user stories, epics and acceptance criteria.
- Identifying, developing, and supporting business process change
- Participate in all Agile meetings such as sprint planning, stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success.
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos in showcase workshops.
- Responsible for providing the effort estimates in an agile environment.
- Be keenly aware of timelines and budgeting to deliver in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical team members and clients
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- At least 5 years’ experience defining software requirements for complex products, either as a business analyst or equivalent Consultant role in Agile software delivery.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Agile practices and associated skills including user story writing.
- At least 4 years’ experience developing and delivering supporting business processes for the Energy and Utilities industry, with a focus on SCADA, Asset Management and Field Mobility and Scheduling solutions.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role as part of a System Integrations program with third party products and COTS (commercial-of-the-shelf) for ADMS/EMS using Web Services or file-based message exchange.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing management process, business process engineering, use case specification.
- Excellent experience in modeling tools (Visio, Aris…)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (to attend client meetings and speak with clarity, write requirements in clear business terms, etc.)
Applicants will be required to hold Australian PR or Citizenship.