As a Brokerage Manager, you will oversee all operational and customs/trade compliance issues (related to import, export, transit, customs clearance, declaration activities etc.) for both express and freight forwarding business units in Hong Kong. This exciting opportunity allows you to manage the brokerage team as well as all services and financial performance resulted from those activities.
- Monitor compliance and operations reports to ensure service level goals are achieved. Review processes to identify non-compliance, inefficiencies and cost reduction opportunities.
- Evaluate quality performance to identify process improvements and develop quality standards.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external customers, the government, and third party agencies to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor various reports to proactively resolve all customs/trade exceptions in a timely manner and conduct error root cause analysis to identify corrective action plans.
- Monitor customs’ memorandums and notices to stay informed on customs regulation / changes, including industry news which may impact UPS operations and business.
- Identify business opportunities relating to brokerage or trade management services to support business growth.
- Determine financial resources required to meet goals. Allocate funds, identify and resolve discrepancies between available and required funds.
- Bachelor's Degree / Masters in Supply Chain, International Trade or related fields.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant working experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Customs and Trade related legal, regulatory and compliance.
- Familiar with finance, accounting theory, principles on budget and P&L management.
- Skilled in MS Office applications to conduct presentations and performance report analysis.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skill.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English and Cantonese. You will be liaising with the local clients/stakeholders in these languages to understand their requirements and provide guidance.
- Comfortable to travel within Hong Kong to visit the various facilities
- Candidate who is immediate available would be given a priority.
What we can offer
- Attractive Salary Package
- Guaranteed Double Pay
- Performance Bonus
- 5-day work week
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development Opportunities
- Stable, Open and Friendly Working Environment