Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with the disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges, and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
Our Water business is currently seeking an experienced BIM/CAD Technician to be part of the major water treatment plant project in Tuas, Singapore.
This is a site-based role ideal for an ambitious and proactive engineer (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Process or Automation disciplines) with basic knowledge of engineering design software or an early career BIM specialist keen to expand their knowledge and progress their career in Digital Engineering. An excellent technical support structure and career progression await the successful candidate. This role will report to the Project BIM Manager and Construction Manager. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with BIM Managers, Construction Managers, Resident Engineers to meet project requirements
- Perform site scoping, BIM sketch modelling and drafting of drawings
- Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details and plans from BIM Models. Drawings will primarily be layout plan but will also include details such as civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation drawings
- Revise and update drawings based on instructions from CM, LRE/RE, etc.
- Assist to review contractor’s submittals related to BIM models and drawings.
- Ensure suitable level of proficiency with design software to support site-based engineering teams review designs and resolve engineering challenges using the tools as well do clash detection.
- Communicate effectively and work well with other members of the team.
- Keep Supervisor regularly informed of work status and progress, deviations, and any execution concerns
- Liaise and coordinate relevant technical issues with other disciplines;
- Attend and take records of meetings, discussions with clients, contractors, vendors and provide input into technical discussions;
- Write technical reports and specifications;
- Support site supervision and plant commissioning activities when required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Working experience in process plant and/or wastewater treatment projects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in supporting engineering tasks during construction in Singapore.
- Fluent in Bentley MicroStation 2D/3D
- Exposure to BIM modeling software such as Bentley or a similar suite of software. Knowledge in Bentley OpenBuildings Designer/OpenPlant Modeler software will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in multi-disciplinary projects using BIM and Common Data Environments.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.