As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following technology capabilities:
- Appreciation of experience design and translating visual designs into code for engaging and beautiful digital experiences
- Experience in delivering projects using Agile methods and tools such as Jira.
- Main stream web front-end technologies HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Any experience in iOS and Android native development a plus.
- Developing and testing optimized code across multiple browsers, platforms and operating systems
- Developing for Search Engine Optimization
- Analytics solutions such as Google Analytics
This role also involves the following:
- Provide thought leadership to the business around innovative technology lead solutions
- Provide thought leadership to the team around new approaches, workflows and technologies.
- Knowledge of technology trends, including but not restricted to front end & back end technologies, Rapid Prototyping, Behavior Driven Development, trends in Social Networking/Media, Video and Streaming
- Own front-end technology related content and estimation in IBM responses to Requests for Information (RFI), responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), IBM contracts, and IBM Statements of Work.
- Execute interactive and outcome-driven workshops to capture & document client requirements and develop solution ideas
- Performs quality review of project deliverables. Leads work sessions and deliverable presentations with client team members.
- People Management: Mentors junior consultants, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams as appropriate.
- Competency: Recognized as an expert in their competency and/or specific offerings.
- iX Community: Participates in and/or is responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection and reuse of IBM’s intellectual capital. Participates actively in and in some cases leads knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Ability to accommodate extensive travel at times (50% – 60% or more)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-7 years experiences in JAVA J2EE Development
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Webservices, Spring, Hibernate, Java Script, JQuery and AJAX.