Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
T&O COO Ops Risk Management – RSU unit provides the full support to DBS group in the management of Nostro & General ledger accounts reconciliation. The unit has three functions:- Nostro account reconciliation, General Ledger reconciliation for Consumer banking business & the Business Management Support (BMS) that manages static data, feeds processes and production of daily MIS. The main focus for this role is to manage the day-to-day BAU reconciliations for both nostro accounts and general Ledger reconciliation for consumer banking business
- Act as the point of escalation and reconciliation inquiries, break investigation ensuring resolution within reasonable timelines independently
- Manage team members, ensuring all Service level standards are duly met
- To engage stakeholders pro-actively and provide support whenever required
- Drive innovation, re-engineer reconciliation process to achieve process standardization and improvement in controls
- Drive reconciliation automation reducing risk & increase efficiency
- Participate in new business initiatives discussion, assess reconciliation requirements, raise risks if any and formulate action plans for resolution
- Degree holder with minimum 8-year experience in back-office with good understanding in Consumer banking business and nostro processes. Experience with vendor reconciliation system is preferred
- Ability to collect and analyse information and make recommendations
- Able to independently engage Support & Business Unit on reconciliation matters as well as to escalate and articulate issues and proposed resolutions
- Essential that written, spoken and listening skills are very strong.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills, comfortable with audience of senior level professionals
- Demonstrate leadership skills and an ability to grow and keep pace with rapid changes in the business.
- Good command of software skills, MS Office etc. & excel skill
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.