Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About the role
As an analytics lead for Consumer Banking Technology & Operations, you will help to design and build scalable analytics solutions through data pipelines and visualize datasets that empower consumer banking business with actionable analytics in our most strategic transformation. In this complex role, the incumbent is expected to perform in multiple roles seamlessly as required viz. Business Analyst, Solution Designer and Developer.
- Gather, document user requirements, perform data profiling and analysis
- Access and integrate data from multiple sources
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Derive business relevant insights within a horizontal organization (working with multiple stakeholders)
- Design, develop and deploy end to end analytics solutions (both data pipeline and visualisation)
- As for visualisations, be able to design user friendly and data efficient outputs in various forms (from operational reports to dashboards aimed at non-analytics users and senior management)
- Work with cross-functional teams and able to execute well in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Manage a small sized team(work allocation, priorities and output quality), develop strategic skill sets within team, motivate and provide regular feedback to team members
- Be a self-starter and must exhibit full sense of ownership of the platform you work on
- Nice to have, but not required to have data science experience (knowledge of inferential statistics, building regression, classification and clustering models, run model evaluation and test model stability and reliability)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System, Statistics, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Familiar with big data technologies such as Spark, Hive and also with relational databases
- Strong technical skills in data wrangling, analysis and query optimization using SQL, Python, PySpark, Spark, QlikView, Tableau
- Experience working on CDSW, Jenkins, Airflow, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to work independently with minimal guidance in a cross-functional context
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of banking and financial services is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and contribute quickly
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.