Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Design, implement, test, and deploy end-to-end software solutions in the T&O-MOT-LCS domain with the following key responsibilities:
- Identify, prioritise, and execute tasks and participate in as well as contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle including code and design reviews
- Work closely and communicate effectively and independently with project managers, business analysts, development leads, test engineers, test managers, infrastructure engineers, data scientists, and business users
- Participate in the analysis and requirements gathering phase and help to translate requirements into technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient, reusable, and testable code following best practices and design principles
- Write automated unit, integration, acceptance, and performance tests to ensure the application developed works as expected
- Debug issues, fix bugs, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot the application and provide third level support
- Build, package and release software artefacts in an automated way to all environments including production
- Be responsible for the performance, stability, reliability, and security of the developed platform.
- Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes
- Deliver seamless consistent digital customer journeys across all domains/countries
- Ensure the quality delivery of software application enhancements and projects related
- Development efforts in an agile software development environment, participate in sprint planning, task breakdown and daily stand ups
- Work with product owners and architect to understand objectives and translate these into a system level design and implementation
- Implement designs that meet quality standards, coding standards and provide a rich user experience across platforms
- Design and implement new frameworks and software that meets DBS’s standards in performance, reliability and maintainability
- Create rapid prototypes to vet new design, interaction and integration concepts
- Collaborate with vendor and employee resources to deliver projects on time and with a high level of quality as measured by performance, uptime and maintainability
- Troubleshoot and solve production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the system and work to resolve issues
- Ability to prioritize and focus on solving problems that deliver the highest value
- Lead by example and be a model to inspire others, willing to go the extra-mile to help a struggling team member
- Energized and motivated by getting things done and enjoy seeing the progress of your work
- Ability to negotiate manage stakeholders’ expectations and coordinate towards the same objective
- A grounded understanding of development best practices:
- Continuous Integration, branching and merging, pair programming, code reviews, feature toggles, blue- green deployments, TDD and unit testing, Agile methodologies (Scrum/XP), Design Patterns
- Hands on experience on Java/Web frameworks and tools including:
- Spring-boot, Redis, Hazlecast, AngularJS, AMQP (RabbitMQ), MongoDB, Cloud Foundry or similar cloud technology
- Good understanding of Networking and Security
- Familiarity with RDBMS, preferably MariaDB, MySQL, NoSQL.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.