The Institutional Banking Group’s (IBG) Data Centre of Excellence (Data CoE) team is committed to building a data driven organization and maximising the key data capabilities to transform how IBG does business. Data impacts IBG’s businesses every day, and a culture of relentlessly using data and business intelligence will enable IBG to achieve exponential growth.
- The Analytics Translator works within IBG Data Centre of Excellence team to understand IBG’s business priorities and identify opportunities where advanced analytics can create value. In working with the team to deliver solutions, the Translator will have opportunities to work on various projects that provide data-driven insights that provide the business with enhanced capabilities in the areas of business growth, risk management, productivity etc.
- This position provides the Analytics Translator hands-on opportunities to work with experienced data scientists, observe first-hand how cutting-edge machine learning techniques can be applied to solve real business problems, and participate in the end-to-end analytics process from discovery, model development, to final delivery.
- Translate business problems into tangible analytics opportunities and recommend potential solutions grounded by an understanding of data science techniques
- Formulation of opportunity as a data science problem for R&D
- Assist in identification & exploration of requisite data
- Serve as the bridge between business users and data scientist to experiment, develop, test and roll out solutions
- Manage end to end solution delivery and stakeholders
- Keep up to date with advanced analytics techniques and technologies
- Good business analysis skills required, i.e. interpreting business needs and translating them into analytics requirements
- Keen understanding of data science and machine learning techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with business executives
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to navigate in a complex environment and achieve outcomes
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Competencies in data manipulation tools (e.g. Python, SQL, Spark)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.