Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, ports aren’t just structures but are ways we connect people and goods. We’re seeking a Resident Engineer to help oversee the complex and the everyday project tasks for a variety of clients. This role will help you grow your career, but also grow client relationships and business development opportunities for Jacobs.
- Production & development of Autodesk Civil 3D models
- Production of 2D drawings from Autodesk Civil 3D models
- Assist in training junior team members and ensure drawings & models are completed to the desired quality, programme & budget.
- Follow the company QA procedures, model & drawing production from engineers’ sketches/markups and from scratch using architectural backgrounds and/or concepts schematics.
- Take responsibility for drawing issued, daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage and advice software problems as soon as possible
Here's What You'll Need:
- Relevant computer-aided drafting & modeller experience essential. Experience with Civil 3D software, good communication skills.
- Resilience to deal with critical feedback, good presentation skills and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Being able to work under pressure, being accurate and patient.
- Knowledgeable in other softwares like AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, Navisworks.
- Understanding of data transfer between key software packages is beneficial, manufacturing processes and construction methods would be beneficial.
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles would be beneficial and relevant bachelor’s/college degree, or equivalent drafting technology diploma.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.