At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
We are looking for a lawyer with strong commercial and corporate experience gained from a reputable private practice or in-house environment, preferably with a focus on technology.
You are strong on your technical concepts, are solution and outcome-focused, commercially astute and thrive in building relationships with internal and external clients. You are able to work autonomously but also enjoy working in a collaborative team-based environment from working closely with our clients to our other legal colleagues.
What will I be doing?
- You will be providing legal support on a broad range of matters to our Asia Pacific clients across all lines of business and Asia Pacific legal teams, as well as supporting the ANZ legal team as required.
- You will provide legal assistance by working with our Asia Pacific legal teams to support our business teams by drafting and reviewing standard commercial contracts, provide legal assistance on RFPs, review confidentiality and sponsorship agreements, provide legal review and support on internal compliance, provide corporate and commercial advice from privacy to competition, provide regulatory risk identification and response and other legal support.
What skills will I need?
- Ideally, has experience in advising on technology contracts or has the experience that demonstrates the capability to work in the technology space
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong client relationship-building skills, with exceptional written and verbal communication,
- Can work autonomously and also collaboratively with others and enjoys working in a team-based environment (we really are looking for a team player!)
- Can process and communicate legal concepts and a complex business environment in simple, commercial and practical terms
- Is adaptable and agile being able to multi-task and prioritise competing requirements (we are in tech – we thrive in being agile!)
- Enjoys attention to details but not so it gets in the way in being solution and outcome focused
- Is open to trying new things because they love learning and applying something they have not done before.
What experience do I need?
- Degree in Law or JD from a recognised institution with a strong academic background
- Current practising certificate, NSW/VIC or other Australian state.
- Technology background (advantageous)